Managing Editor – Chemistry / Materials Science
- Rate TBD
- Location Mumbai India (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation Proofreading, Editing, Technical Writer
- Duration ongoing
- Education required Masters
- Years of experience 2 - 5 years
- Deadline May 19, 2017
- Area of Specialization Physical Sciences
- Opportunity for Indians seeking to return to India.
We are looking for a Managing Editor to manage the Chemistry/Materials Science team.
As Managing Editor, you will:
• Oversee operations for delivery of publication-ready manuscripts, by coordinating high-quality editing and reviewing (quality assessments) of edited manuscripts
• Manage an experienced community of freelance editors and an in-house team of associate editors
• Mentor new editors to enable them to work independently
• Ensure that all author requirements and delivery deadlines are met
• Provide end-to-end support to authors during the manuscript publication cycle
• Stay updated on industry trends, with a view to sharing this knowledge with authors and improving their chances of publication
• Impeccable written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with managing people and/or projects
• Ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment
• A PhD or Master’s degree in Chemistry or Materials Science
• Familiarity with creating and formatting manuscripts in MS Word, PDF, and LaTeX
Job location: Andheri (West), Mumbai, India; Full-time
To apply, please complete a short screening test through link provided below.
If you face any difficulties while attempting the test, email us
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.