Find flexible jobs
Sous Chef / Pastry
Atlanta, GA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Specialized Trade help Cook/Chef/Baker
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization N/A
- SOUS CHEF / PASTRY – PART-TIME
Department: Marquee Club Food & Beverage
Days/Hours: Variable Schedule
Position Type: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
The company is excited to announce the upcoming opening of the Marquee Club presented by Lexus!
This premium club will be for use by patrons for every public performance at the Fox.
We’re seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sous Chef/Pastry Chef for the Marquee Club!
Duties of the Sous Chef/Pastry Chef will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting the Executive Chef with the Marquee Club culinary operation, Concession food offerings, and other Theatre culinary needs
- Assisting in management of the culinary staff to achieve requested services while maintaining Service Standards
- Having a knowledge of computer, software programs for ordering, cost control, inventory, invoice and scheduling
- Maintaining food inventories, general supplies, paper goods
- Conducting interviews for department
- Assisting in creating schedules for all culinary staff as needed
- Attending Fox meetings, catering meetings, and department meetings when requested
- Performing as acting Chef in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Assist in executing all culinary requirements for the Marquee Club, along with Concessions, Catering Beverage Department, and Theatre as needed thru purchasing, production, and execution
- Assist in purchasing all food, general supplies, and paper good products for the Marquee Club, Concessions, and Catering Beverage Department.
- Assist in ordering small wares.
- Assist in maintaining sanitation rating and adherence local health codes
- Assist in managing all invoices from ordering to delivery.
- Assist in inventory control by physical inventories to proper data entry into the bypass system.
- Assist in maintaining waste logs,
- Assist in establishing vendor and industry relationships
- Assist Chef in hiring, training, and counseling all culinary staff, Menu development, public relations for the Marquee Club.
- Assist in managing the Marquee club with club management
- Working with F & B management and other Fox departments on special requirements for both public and private events
- Other duties as directed
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Culinary degree preferred
- Must have 2 years previous Sous Chef experience or 3 years as a lead line Cook with private club, Fine dining restaurant or catering operations
- Should have State of Georgia Server Safe food handling certificate and working knowledge of HACCP guidelines
- Should have experience in menu design, food production, health code requirements, buffet setup, event logistics, food and labor cost control, and be able to read and understand catering event sheets
- Supervisory experience in leading a culinary team is preferred
- Must possess basic math skills and have experience in creating and following production schedules
- Have a working knowledge of kitchen equipment and the maintenance of the equipment
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Walking and standing during entire shift
- Continuously reaching, bending, lifting, carrying, stooping and wiping
- Remaining stationary for long periods of time
- Frequently climbing stairs
- Be Able to lift up to 35 lbs
- Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screening and background check.
Top companies trust Workhoppers