- Rate$27/hour-2 hour minimum (Non-Certified) $30/hour-2 per hour
- Location San Francisco, CA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Writing/Translation, Health Translation: English, Medical Assistant
- Duration Hours for this position are flexible and the position is part-time and on-call. ongoing
- Education required Some college/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Medical and Health Professions 2017-09-24 Workhoppers Home San Francisco CA
- We are California's premier language service provider and employer of professional employee interpreters.
For nearly 20 years, we've been at the forefront of language delivery and supporting interpreting as a profession. Our enduring emphasis on quality both drives our success and sets us apart from our competitors.
All candidates that wish to be considered for our open positions will need to apply by link
As a valued member of our team, you will render in-person, spoken language services for Limited English Communities and California's leading healthcare providers.
Along with the rewards of serving the community, you will have professional development opportunities as you participate in our industry-leading training programs.
SUMMARY of DUTIES
• Under the direction of a Supervisor, provide accurate, clear and timely interpreting services with fidelity to the spirit of the original communication in various settings.
• Assist clients in completing necessary forms and other documents; provide sight translation of complex documentation into target language as desired by clients.
• Exhibit and maintain professional and ethical behavior at all times.
• Provide stellar customer service to clients.
• Work effectively in a clinical setting with minimal supervision.
• Operate a computer and peripherals with minimal assistance.
• Complete required paperwork and data entry in a timely fashion.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Target Language
• Willingness to work part-time and flexible hours during regular business hours (Monday-Friday).
• Knowledge of Anatomy, major body systems, and Medical Terminology in the target language.
• Medical Interpreter Certification desired via CCHI or the National Board of Medical Interpreters.
• Reliable transportation.
• Possess a smart phone with Internet access, have an email address, ability to be reached on short notice.
• Possess or have the ability to obtain current healthcare provider medical clearances.
Applicants must successfully pass pre-employment drug and background screenings
Travel is required for this position as work occurs at various hospitals, clinics and private residences throughout the Bay Area Region.
Additional Benefits: Mileage reimbursement at the current Federal rate, travel compensation paid based on local minimum wage, parking and toll reimbursement; bi-weekly direct deposit plus expense reimbursement within 30 days of report submission.
Interpreters also enjoy paid sick time, health benefit programs and entertainment perks.
The company. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.