Find flexible jobs
New York, NY United States (On-site)
- Type of project Sales & Marketing, IT & Software, Business consulting & Finance SEO/SEM, Website development, Java, Business Analysis
- Duration freelance ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Computer Sciences
New York NY
- We use design to improve the way the world works, with clear visual identities and digital experiences for public and private sectors.
We’re looking for a freelance front-end developer with a minimum of two years in the world of web development, who can work with speed and thrive on the tension of deadlines. Our office is located in NYC but we are open to remote work in the eastern and central time zones.
- You have extensive knowledge/experience with front-end web development
- You’re handy writing HTML and CSS (especially HTML5 and CSS3)
- You don’t need to be a PHP genius, but you do need to understand how basic hooks, actions, logic and structure work
- Experience with creating custom Wordpress themes, template creation and module development with ease (if you’re curious, this is our standard set up: https://github.com/ObjectiveSubject/os-wp-starter/blob/master/README.md )
- You keep up to date on current Web standards, accessibility, and best practices
- Possess a keen attention to detail and take ownership of the work, proactively diagnose problems, run QA, tests, debug and utilize creative problem solving skills to solve cross-browser and technical issues.
- Communicate concisely and collaborate with the team to manage expectations, timelines, client deadlines and feedback.
- Familiar with Sketch, Adobe and InVision products
- Familiar with Google Analytics, SEO, and email newsletter development
What you’ll be working on
- Creating websites and platforms, anywhere from single-page campaigns to complex, university-size websites
- Creating pattern libraries of design and code that act as Lego blocks for a brand’s digital presence
- Building and documenting ways of working that can be re-used and enhanced over time
- Web maintenance, updates, optimization and refinements – the little stuff that’s critical to keep a site running smoothly
- Determining the best development solutions, using a holistic approach that considers the entire experiences and all audiences
Full-time is preferred but we will consider part-time with secured hours
Please share completed websites and/or products you’ve worked on.
Please provide code examples via websites and/or GitHub, CodePen, etc.
Top companies trust Workhoppers