Find flexible jobs
Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry
Chicago, Il United States (On-site)
- Type of project Health Nurse
- Duration contract ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Medical and Health Professions
- We are seeking Full-Time and Part-Time Advanced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners to work between locations , treating children, adolescents, and adults. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a stable and growing behavioral health system in the Chicago land community.
Come be a part of our winning team of professionals and make a difference!
The primary responsibilities are as follows :
· Provide psychiatric services to child, adolescent and adult clients, including initial psychiatric evaluations and follow-up medication management services.
· Collaborate with other members of the clinical team, including therapists and site supervisors.
· Participate in client, family therapy sessions.
· Consult and advise Clinic Director, CMO and other designated staff on psychiatric related issues.
· Complete accurate client record documentation on services rendered.
· Maintain compliance with client medical records and procedures.
· Assure compliance with applicable laws pertaining to psychiatric treatments.
· Provide a safe, secure, therapeutic and professional environment at all times.
· Lead by example and champion the philosophy of Service Excellence
Education : Master's Degree in Nursing; Graduate from an accredited Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner program .
Experience : Experience working within an inpatient psychiatric hospital with children, adolescents and adults as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner.
Minimum of one year experience or special training in the treatment of children and adolescents.
Licensure/Certification : Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
Must possess valid Nurse Practitioner. Controlled Substance license in the state of IL . (Preferred)
Knowledge : Must possess knowledge of general and psychiatric nursing principles, working concepts and theory, leadership skills, age specific growth and development, limit setting, as well as crisis and behavioral management. Must be self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is customer focused.
Benefits : • Health, Dental, & Vision • Paid Vacation Time • 401(k) with company match • UHS Stock Purchase Plan • ‘CME’ Reimbursement • productivity bonus • Much, much more
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
Top companies trust Workhoppers