Business Manager: part-time position
- Location Seattle, WA United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration, Business consulting & Finance Business Development, Management processes
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- 2 - 5 years
- Area of Specialization Business 2017-11-13 Workhoppers Home Seattle WA
- Background and responsibilities:
Our mission is to promote the health & wellness of our clients by providing the highest quality mind-body exercise in support of overall fitness or therapeutic/rehabilitative exercise, and stress management.
We also serve as one of the leading teacher training educational facilities in U.S., as well as offering continuing education for movement professionals from other areas such as Pilates, Barre, physical & occupational therapy.
We look forward to welcoming a business manager in a new position for us, to run the day to day operations of our facility, serve as marketing director, and to support the owner and 6 staff members in providing the highest quality client services.
We have an immediate opening for an individual with great organizational skills who can juggle changing priorities and time-lines with maturity and judgement.
We know the best fit will be a confident, mature, energetic, personable, calm mannered and meticulous administrator to join our positive team of practitioners in a peaceful environment.
Our ideal candidate has a strong work ethic which includes: being self-motivated and highly self-sufficient in working with little supervision, able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines, while valuing the importance of careful attention to detail in a business environment.
In this role it is vital to wear many hats, menial tasks like copying and replenishing office supplies are required & valued as much as your executive skills for managing team members, keeping an eye on the bottom line and searching for ways to further our mission. We are looking for someone who, gets personal satisfaction from a job well done, has high level of integrity & discretion in handling confidential information in the workplace, respects the hierarchy or chain of command that exists between owner and employee while working for an owner who prefers a collegial management style.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
We are placing a high priority on candidates that have served in the military or professionals who are looking for a fulfilling position that does not require full-time. This permanent part-time position is an excellent way to supplement retirement. It is important that you have reliable transportation for errands to the bank, office supplies and other short trips. This part-time 20-30 hours per week position includes incentive pay and PTO but no medical insurance. You must be willing to work a rare Saturday – and to stay until the job is complete, but you can enjoy the ability to shorten your work hours during less busy days.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Client reception: phone & emails
• Scheduling: client appointments & classes, staff schedule coordination, arranging & coordinating educational courses in Seattle, US and abroad
• Organizing educational materials & occasionally booking educational facilities
• Managing staff –in office procedures, scheduling reminders to staff, creating meeting agendas
• Arranging travel, hotel, shuttles
• Newsletter production in Constant Contact, Wix or Mail Chimp
• Simple website updates in the Wix platform- previous experience not required
• Marketing utilizing our website, Face Book, Twitter and other social media- a promotional wordsmith is a big plus
• Managing & maintaining web pages, as well as Face Book updates, Twitter & other web/social media as marketing tools
• Basic IT management of 1 desktop, laptop, & cloud based services
• Bookkeeping (basic A/R & A/P, expense coding, account & petty cash reconciliation, inventory supply & updates and payroll) in QuickBooks Pro
• Creating and implementing office procedures to produce maximum efficiency
• File management for electronic & hardcopy files
• General Office management– including ordering/replenishing supplies, maintaining a clean & organized work environment
Software: PROFICIENT on the job skills required in:
• MS Office Suite: intermediate Outlook & Excel skills is a must. In Excel various functions and calculations are required.
• Proficient with data management & CRM experience –Outlook is a plus.
• QuickBooks Pro – skill level: beginner
• Basic experience with IT – skills for basic trouble shooting for desktop and laptop computers
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 2 years minimum experience as an office manager or business manager, or equivalent experience as team leader
Pay & Benefits:
DOE + incentive pay
Please note there are no medical benefits with this position
Other benefits include our sessions, 2 weeks PTO
How to apply:
Send your CV/Resume, and list of employment references with a letter of interest explaining why you are looking for part-time work verses full time work and include the words ‘attention to detail’ within a sentence in bold face type.
Send an email to contact directly the company. This is an opportunity to sell your skills.