Find flexible jobs
Markham, ON Canada (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Administrative Assistant, Accounting
- Duration ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Business
- This role will appeal to those who are looking for an awesome entry level opportunity where your customer service, teamwork and organization skills will be key to success.
This contract has the potential to become permanent, and the unique mix of duties means there are many career paths to pursue.
The Administrator-Accounting Clerk is responsible for performing data entry, accounts receivable and a variety of general office administration:
· Reviews, processes, verifies and records cash receipts and other accounts receivable transactions;
· Completes full cycle invoicing for accounts receivables including NetSuite entries;
· Monthly collections of Accounts Receivables and preparing aging reports and commentary on collections;
· Assists with reconciling general ledger accounts and year-end audit;
· Bank deposits and reconciliations;
· Creates and posts month end journal entries;
· Provides accounting and clerical support to company personnel as required;
· Daily enter key data of financial transactions in NetSuite;
· Researches, tracks and restores accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
· Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
· Assists with project setups in NetSuite;
· Answers incoming calls, and transfer to the appropriate person;
· Travel Arrangements as well as travel expense tracking summary (approved vs. actual cost);
· Handles and prepares incoming and outgoing couriers and mail as required;
· Supports the Permitting team with printing and couriering of permits;
· Ordering of various office supplies;
· Assists with various accounting and administrative duties as required, and updating job knowledge consistently.
· Excellent communication skills and customer service skills (verbal and written);
· Accuracy and attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
· Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
· Related Post-secondary education & experience working in accounting is an advantage
· Proficient with MS Office suite (Work, Excel), Internet, Google Drive
· Experience working with databases and accounting software, specifically NetSuite, would be an asset
· Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports with an aptitude for numbers is ideal
· Able to accurately perform filing, data entry and record keeping tasks
· Ability to complete work in a timely manner while under pressure
· Self-driven and able to meet deadlines as required
The company is an equal opportunity employer.
Should you require Accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, kindly notify us of your requirements in advance.
Top companies trust Workhoppers