Find flexible jobs
New York, NY United States (On-site)
- Type of project Administration Human Resource
- Duration part time ongoing
- Education required College/University
- Years of experience
- Area of Specialization Business
New York NY
- By keeping up to date with regulations and industry trends, the HR Operations team ensures that the organization and its employees are set up for success.
The HR Operations team has the opportunity and responsibility to provide timely and beneficial recommendations, practical analysis, effective solutions, and thorough answers to inquiries and concerns to both leadership and staff; individuals in the HR Operations team are strategic partners and ambassadors in intentionally shaping the employee experience and the community perception of the company as an employer of choice.
The org. is expanding regionally, with offices in Orlando, Florida (Southeast Regional Office) and a satellite office in Long Island, NY. In addition, is starting and expanding new areas of business, programs and projects. For this reason, we are looking to hire a part-time HR Generalist to join its HR Operations function in its headquarters in NYC.
The HR Generalist (HRG) will have ownership of several tactical components in two of five strategic areas of the HR Operations function: Organization Value Proposition and Talent Acquisition. In addition, the HRG will substantially collaborate in the area of Organization Evolution and Design. The HRG will report to the Director of Human Resources Operations. Specifically, the HR Generalist will:
Organization Value Proposition
· Collaborate on tactical Strategic Planning follow thru; will be a key player on teams’ resource procurement and alignment in benefit of goal achievement.
· Oversee staff’s time keeping compliance; will issue quarterly electronic time reports.
· Timely execute bi-weekly payroll; will manage payroll compliance and will align payroll to LJP’s electronic time tracking system.
· Manage company’s comprehensive benefits offerings and retirement plan; will ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Provide support to employees on benefits issues and will recommend new technologies and integration to enhance the employee experience.
· Be an ambassador, fostering the organization’s culture and values. Will gather and manage company’s Wellness initiative data and will collaborate with recommendations to expand and improve the initiative.
· Be passionate about learning and learning organizations; is knowledgeable of learning trends and technology for learning and development.
· Regularly update existing job descriptions in support of company’s compensation strategy.
· Contribute to, and execute recruitment strategy; will manage application process and compliance.
· Contribute to organization’s on-boarding strategy; will create on-boarding materials.
Organization Evolution and Design
· Oversee company’s policies and CBA compliance; will regularly assess policy improvements to create alignment with organizational values and to contribute to company’s organizational culture.
· Monitor organization’s processes to ensure overall agility.
The HRG will also collaborate on special projects associated to company’s Talent Retention and Succession Planning strategies as needed; will oversee sensitive and confidential information, and will influence decision making by providing valuable research and contributing with thoughtful analysis as a strategic partner to the Director of HR Operations.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, Organizational Psychology, or related fields required. Graduate degree preferred. Minimum 2 years of post-graduate experience as a generalist, preferably in the non-profit industry; 4 years minimum post-graduate experience in lieu of a graduate degree. Experience managing HR and payroll technologies preferred; familiarity with the Spanish language a plus.
We are seeking an emotionally intelligent, resourceful, team player who can balance professionalism gravitas with humor and an ability to inspire trust. This position is suited to someone with a commitment to organizational clarity and systems alignment; who understands and employs theory-based and data-driven decisions; is familiar with organization design & change theory and models; is tech savvy; and has been exposed to a variety of HR & business technologies.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience.
Top companies trust Workhoppers