Baltimore, MD United States Philadelphia, PA United States (On-site)
Type of project General support Warehouse/Shipping
Education required High school graduate
Years of experience
Less than 2 years
Area of Specialization N/A
2018-02-24WorkhoppersHomeBaltimore MDPhiladelphia PA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Determines method of shipment and prepares bills, invoices and other shipping documents
• Prepare and print shipping labels corresponding to shipping needs.
• Processes orders based on customer’s preferred shipping system (e.g. USPS, UPS, FedEx, Etc.)
• Contacts carrier and schedules shipping of each package/order.
• Receives materials - checks and signs delivery slips, and assists with unloading as necessary
• Inspects and verifies incoming materials against invoices or other documents, records shortages and rejects damaged goods
• Accepts or returns material according to established company procedures. Calculates prices according to guidelines, and affixes bar codes, prices, and security tags as necessary.
• Organizes distribution and shipping of material. Makes necessary verifications against documents, unpacks and routes goods to appropriate storage areas. Handles pick-ups.
• May operate forklift, hand truck or other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
• Maintains internal record-keeping systems
• Contacts resource people for various information. Contacts transport companies and suppliers in order to expedite, trace or return merchandise that does not conform to specifications or purchase orders.
• Assembles containers and crates, packs goods to be shipped and prepares identifying information and shipping instructions
• Takes inventory, maintains storage area, organizes and places stock on shelves. Ensures area is secure at all times.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing dynamics.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma/GED preferred
• 1+ years’ experience in a customer service type role