Healthcare Educator in Orlando
Location:Orlando, FL, United States (From home)Education level: College/University
Education field: Other
Years of experience:
Rate: 25-35.00 per hour
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
Professional in the area of healthcare and education seeking a position focusing on healthcare analysis, distribution patterns, availability, adequacy, and education as a key factor to promote the health and safety of the general public.
Experienced in providing for effective communication, logical decision-making, project management (development, writing, implementation), and collecting, tracking, and utilization of data systems as a basis to increase productivity. Possessing a vast understanding of clinical medicine and medical records, as well as compliance audits for adherence to facility guidelines and insurance approval specifications. Familiar with medical ICD-10/11 coding guidelines and presently undertaking the SEER program for Cancer Tumor Registry.
P R O F E S S I O N A L I N T E R E S T S :
● Specific general coding conventions used in the International Classification of Diseases.
● Cancer-Tumor Registration and the tracking of treatment modalities
● Drug and environmental research applicable to cancer and disease processes
● Disease tracking and epidemiology.
● Variance in treatment outcomes to traditional cancer treatments.
● Covid 19 population exposure and resistance parameters within the general public
● Public Health Education and adequacy of provided healthcare
* Staff Instructor for Medical Education - Certified Teacher of Secondary Science Louisiana Public Schools, August 2000 - December 2009 and August 2011 - March 2020
**NBRC - Certified Respiratory Therapist since 1994 NBRC - Eligible for Certification/ Registry for Pulmonary Function Technologist Examination (PFT) and Sleep Disorders Testing and Therapeutic Intervention Examination (SDS)
Various Louisiana Healthcare Facilities, November 1994 - August 2000 (Acute, Chronic, and Rehabilitation settings)
Various Home Health Care - Durable Medical Equipment Providers, May 1998-August 2000
***Deputy Director, Demobilization Coordinator, and Lead Auditor May 2010 - Feb 2011 Response Force One with transitional employment transitioning to Swift BP Resources
****Territory Coordinator, Supervisor, and Auditor April 2010 - December 2010 (U.S. Census Bureau)
Post-Bachelor diploma in Secondary Science, Concentration in Chemistry and Biology, December 2000
● Bachelor of Science in Health Science, Concentration in Cardiopulmonary Care, May 2000 (3.8 GPA)
● 50+ hours in Direct Medical Science (Including Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Biochemistry, Nutrition, Physical Assessment, Pharmacology, Abnormal Psychology and Developmental Psychology.)
● Louisiana Technical Institute - Diploma of Respiratory Care, September 1993
● Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Nursing, August 1991-December 1992
● Delgado Community College - Re-Nursing January 1989 - May 1991
A D D I T I O N A L S K I L L S :
● Completed WHO-FIC ICD-10/11 training for the classification of disease and health-related conditions used for storage, retrieval, analysis, and interpretation of data for comparison.
● Familiar with medical coding, criteria for cause of death certification, and cancer tumor registry
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including word, excel, access, and publisher
● Presently working on the SEER program for Cancer Tumor Registry
● Skilled in research of Medically published data and research for disease/condition understanding and treatment
● Superior ability to explain complex concepts to the patient population, therefore, promoting the understanding and compliance of treatment or medical intervention
● Dedicated and committed to improving personal skill level and increase professional working knowledge
V O L U N T E E R E X P E R I E N C E :
● Provided pre-surgical education to patients with follow-up phone consultation
● Collaborate with Dr. Vikram Khashoo, MD researching the etiology, genetic inheritance and treatment of Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome, establishing sign and symptom correlation with disease processes
● Provided patient education on disease/condition and treatment in a hospital setting
No reviews yet.