Hardware & Firmware Engineer in Vancouver
Location:Vancouver, BC, Canada (From home)Education level: Masters
Education field: Engineering
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
✅ Senior Electronics Engineer with 5 years' experience developing high-complexity wired and wireless electronic devices.
Offering FULL-STACK development from concept to production: hardware, firmware, product design, application software.
- Schematic capture: Digital, Analog, Power electronics.
- High-speed PCB Layout: Altium Designer, OrCAD, EAGLE, 2-16 layers.
- Mechanical proto-typing of electronics enclosure via 3D printing
- Indoor energy harvesting and low voltage battery charging.
FIRMWARE and HDL:
- Altera and Xilinx FPGAs RTL and Testbench development in VHDL and Verilog
- MCU firmware in C/C++ for ARM, TI, Atmel, PIC, Arduino;
- Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and wireless modules programming.
- Raspberry Pi & ESP32, Arduino, TI Simplelink wireless MCUs, Contiki-ng for 6loWPAN wireless mesh networks.
- CoAP and MQTT
- Python, MATLAB & Simulink, and C/C++, and Node-Red.
- Code composer studio, Sensor Controller Studio, Arduino IDE, Intel Quartus
- IBM WATSON
HIGHLY SPECIALIZED IN:
- IoT projects, wireless sensor networks (3 years +).
- SPI, I2C, UART, WatchDog Timer, DAC, ADC, Timers (5 years).
- PCIe, Ethernet, USB, DDR (3 years +)
*MCU* : ARM Cortex A, ARM Cortex M, TI CC13x0, MSP430, MSP432, Arduino, ESP32;
- E-shelf labels using TI Simplelink devices
- Environmental sensing for warehouses, and automated farming
- Photon sensor interfacing using ESP32 and dedicated RF circuitry.
- Senior Product Engineer - Microchip Technology
- Hardware Engineer - Fortinet Technologies
- MSc in Electrical and Computer Engineering - University of British Columbia (+$30,000 research grants)
- TI E2E Forum member of level Expert (1045 points)
- Github: Contiki-ng repository
Tags: Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Hardware, Firmware, PCB layout, Board layout, Schematics, Altium Designer, IoT, Internet of Things, Power Electronis, Bluetooth, BLE, TI, Texas Instruments, FPGA, VHDL, Verilog, Xilinx, Altera, VHDL, C, C++, MCU, RTOS, Microcontroller, prototype, validation, Enclosures, Python
No reviews yet.