Doctorate of Biomedical Sciences in Montreal
Location:Montreal, QC, Canada (Anywhere)Education level: PHD
Education field: Medical and Health Professions
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
Business writing; academic writing; grant writing; copy editing; public speaking & “pitching”; knowledge translation (jargon-free communication for diverse audiences); social studies in health science and technology; teaching
• Grant writing: Wrote over 20 grant/fellowship applications; awarded over $350 000 in funding from highly competitive sources, including the Canadian Institutes for Health Research, the Social Sciences and Research Council of Canada, and les Fonds de recherche du Québec
Public speaking; editing; teaching; explaining complex topics to lay audience
I’m passionate about communications. My work aims to promote the sharing of ideas by breaking down barriers to comprehension, being a common challenge when experts communicate complex issues to non-experts. Using plain language, I find methods to explain important issues in science, technology, society and health to help guide leaders in business, decision-making and policy development, as well as to promote understanding of innovative research amongst the public. I can help you find the right communication strategy to pass on your message and exchange knowledge between diverse audiences.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
• Written communication: Business, medical & grant writing; writing for the public & non-experts; request for funds applications, business & research proposals
• Oral communication: Powerful speaker that provides memorable and captivating presentations. Great at business pitches and high-stress presentations at competitions or for tough clients
• Knowledge and technology transfer: evaluate complex subjects and explain them in simplified terms to diverse audiences
• Research, analysis and decision-making
• Text editing: revising written content so that it is clear, accurate & persuasive
• French-to-English translation
• Expert knowledge in health policy and biomedical sciences
I enjoy working in teams and autonomously, though teamwork is my preference.
No reviews yet.