Writer and Editor
Location:Riverside, CA, United States (Anywhere)Education level: College/University
Education field: Communication and journalism
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
I am a 20-year veteran of the newspaper and journalism industry, currently a freelance writer/editor. I specialize in writing about various topics including elder care, death and dying, higher education, fresh technology, tablets, cell phones, higher learning, families, and everyday living, My experience shows that I can be a good fit for your team. I am outgoing, love to write and meet and work with new people. I am excellent at researching topics and providing clean copy on deadline.
I am well-educated, receiving a bachelor's degree in Communications/Journalism from Cleveland State University in 1991. I have worked as a reporter, designer and copyeditor for several large newspapers, including the community news section of the "Los Angeles Times" for many years.
My skills include:
* Journalist and freelance writer for more than 15 years
* Specialize in both web content as well as print media
* Spent 10 years in the newspaper industry as a reporter, editor, manager and page designer
* Recipient of several local and national press club awards
* Proficient in Search Engine Optimization and keyword search
* Spent four years as a copyeditor and page designer
* City editor for several years at local community newspapers
* Knowledgeable of the following software applications: Wiki, CMS, HTML, Quark Express, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Editor, Windows 2000, Photoshop Elements and Windows XP
* Proficient in Associated Press style
* Graduated with degrees in Communications and Political Journalism
* Work from home so no office tie-ups, commuter traffic or other interruptions
No reviews yet.