Bachelor of Science (chemistry) Honors.
Location:Toronto, ON, Canada (Anywhere)Education level: College/University
Education field: Physical Sciences
Years of experience: None
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal, creative, team communication, multitasking and organizational skills.
• Skilled in the use of internet, MS word, Excel, Power point, Outlook and other instrumentation software and Laboratory information and management systems. Ability to work with a variety of computer software and adapt to proprietary applications.
• WHMIS and MSDS trained.
• Extremely hardworking, bondable, punctual & a strong team player. Able to adapt to and learn new skills quickly.
• Excellent ability to communicate in English in both written and verbal forms. Able to document observations from experiments, organise research ideas and information into comprehensive reports, support scientific findings by writing literature reviews of journal articles and create graphs to visually represent data.
• Capable of performing qualification of critical reagents, rudimentary statistical analysis and write excellent qualification and lab reports. Moreover is able to perform periodic trend assessment of test standards/controls.
• Excellent ability to perform any required sample processing (e.g. screening, homogenization, sub-sampling, etc.) including work related to bio-hazardous samples.
• Able to pay strong attention to detail (following procedures, documentation, equipment usage, chemical storage/disposal/handling), accuracy and dedication to quality. Rigid adherence to production specifications and procedures.
• Notify department management regarding omissions, incomplete results or other irregularities. Able to refer more contentious issues, deviations from instructions with recommendations, to scientific leader/supervisor.
• Assist Analysis Group Supervisor to perform root cause analysis and corrective action when batch failure occurs.
• Skilled in performing all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements. Able to review and organize MSDS files and technical files.
• Strict compliance with GMP/GLP regulations and health and safety requirements.
• Ability to prioritize and work to deadline and demonstrates strong and visible support of work place values, manages time effectively to balance demands of work, academic and social life, works effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
• Successfully manages multiple priorities during peak times of the academic year and work independently as well as in a team.
• Ability to assimilate new ideas and methods quickly, ability to take initiative and show flexibility, accuracy and precision.
• Able to analyze data for trends and apply statistical packages to data to test for significance.
• Ability to analyze and determine chemical and physical properties, composition, structure, relationships, and reactions, utilizing chromatography, spectrophotometry and classical chemical techniques.
• Knowledge and understanding of statistical techniques that can be applied in an analytical chemistry context and all chemicals used in manufacturing, production.
• Able to process data and create reports using different instrumentation software and LIMS.
• Strong analytical skills and lab testing/reporting abilities, Knowledge of organic, inorganic, physical, analytical chemistry and of automated data acquisition systems and more.
• Enjoys working in a diverse and entrepreneurial environment very much.
• Excellent understanding of all chemicals used in manufacturing, production procedures and underlying chemistry.
• Able to meticulously label and appropriately handle labeled products and ensure all required documentation is current, complete and accurate.
• Excellent ability to prepare samples, controls, standards and reagents. Executes advanced instrumental testing and troubleshoot test or equipment-related problems.
• Capable of maintaining equipment logbooks/training binders/worksheets, analytical data, project notes/forms/memos).
• Ability to carry out equipment set-up, operation, maintenance and system suitability testing.
• Participate in general laboratory operational duties such as freezer records, reference standard material records, chemical inventory records, and laboratory supplies as assigned.
• Identify and report instrumental, analytical, health and safety issues.
• Flexible to work in-shifts.
• Attend to general office duties as required.
Technical, Research and Specialized Skills:
• Able to conduct Journal and other scientific papers research
• Able to read and comprehend scientific journals
• Evaluate the validity of research articles, scientific websites, etc.
• Skilled in utilizing logical reasoning to interpret results/data derived from scientific experimentation.
• Good computer skills, experience on varying platforms an asset; knowledge of Sharcnet, AOMix, Gaussian, Gauss View and multiple other software.
• Skilled in performing and reporting wet/dry labs, analytical techniques and windows software.
• Skilled in the use of various visual aids, including overhead projectors, computers and posters to conduct oral presentations on research findings, able to interact professionally with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, technicians, students and professors and adapt vocabulary to suite a wide variety of audiences including the general public and senior scientists.
• Four years experience in a chemistry lab environment, proficiency with complex chemistry lab instruments and procedures, a good knowledge of the safe handling and disposal of chemicals, experience in creating, modifying and troubleshooting experiments with standardized results.
• Skilled (2 year academic experience) chromatography techniques i.e. HPLC, GC, LC-MS, GC-MS, ESI, HRMS, gel chromatography, affinity chromatography, electrophoresis techniques and more.
• Knowledge and 2 year academic experience of techniques such as; IR, AA, NMR, UV-VIS, FTIR, absorption, emission, fluorescence spectroscopy and etc.
• 2 year academic experience in biochemical techniques such as; gel electrophoresis (both SDS-PAGE/native/Western Blot), ion exchange chromatography, ultracentrifugation, size exclusion chromatography, affinity chromatography, colorimetric method, titration and so on.
• Have 5 year long experience in various inorganic/organic analytical techniques and operating associated following instrumentation and equipment: Balances, both analytical and top-loading, pH/mV meters, spectrophotometers, voltmeters, centrifuges, ultra sonic baths, UV-Vis spectrophotometers, circulating baths, hot/stir plates, heating mantels, fume hoods, titrators, total carbon analyzers, dishwashers, electrochemical sensors, melting point analyzers, various types of scientific glassware, vacuum pumps, rotary evaporators, micro pipettes, personal computer, photocopier/printer.
• Knowledge and experience of X-ray crystallography, mass spectrometry and Ion-mobility spectrometry.
• Have experience in experimental design, research techniques, and survey design.
No reviews yet.