Amazing Customer Service
Location:Raleigh, NC, United States (Anywhere)Education level: Masters
Education field: Business
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
Serves as adjunct faculty member instructing freshman and sophomore-level baccalaureate business/management courses. Responsible for helping to create and maintain a student centered learning environment founded on a culture of student learning assessment at the course, program and institutional level using adult learning techniques.
• Teach assigned online courses based upon the syllabus and the posted faculty expectations.
• Establish and maintain a professional working environment with our students.
• Provide feedback related to specific courses.
• Help students to graduate, by taking every opportunity to interact with them treating every interaction point as a 'teachable moment'.
• Monitor student attendance electronically and maintain contact with them on a daily basis.
Served as teacher for a diverse group of students grades six through eight. Was responsible for understanding and assisting in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and County Board of Education Policy. Participated in the efficient and effective operation of the school including participation in meetings, conferences, and committee responsibilities. Was responsible to abide by the standards established for teachers' professional and personal conduct. Fostered student positive attitudes toward education through teaching, in all activities of the school program, the values of citizenship, self-discipline, morality, and patriotism.
• Developed and maintained a classroom environment conducive to effective learning within the limits of the resources provided and appropriate to the interests and maturity of the students.
• Established and maintained appropriate discipline in the classroom and assist staff in establishment and maintenance of discipline throughout the entire school.
• Prepared for classes assigned using course of study directed lesson plans.
• Maintained accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, board policy, and administrative regulation.
• Evaluated student progress on a regular basis and in accordance with the system's established procedures.
• Worked with other staff members in planning school activities, instructional goals, objectives, and methods.
• Faculty advisor for the school newspaper and staff.
• Maintained a professional, cooperative working relationship with parents and community.
• Maintained and improved professional competence by participating in regular continuing education courses to further enhance my teaching abilities and skills.
Implemented a contracted pilot program identified as the Family Readiness Group Assistant Program in the XVIII Airborne Corps. Supervised 5 Site Managers and 34 Brigade Assistants in the administration of all family readiness issues for a six state region. Provided management, mentoring, and supervisory responsibilities to all involved to guarantee they provide a quality of work superior to all. Crucial link between military liaisons and family readiness groups to ensure timely and accurate information is provided during deployments. Fully knowledgeable and aware of company goals and expectations to expand the pilot program beyond its present perimeters.
• Was responsible for developing and implementing all policies, procedures, and guidelines provided by the corporate office and XVIII Airborne Corps.
• Recruited, screened, interviewed, selected, and hired employees in accordance with policies and requirements set by the corporate office.
• Examined all grievances, took suggestions, counseled, and provided recommendations as needed to resolve employee and/or legal issues.
• Arranged, conducted, facilitated, and participated in weekly staff meetings to advise all employees of updates, and/or changes to policies and procedures.
• Key player in the organization and delivery of professional development courses to guarantee all employees are up to date on pertinent issues regarding family matters.
Member of corporate training team; provided instruction and customized curriculum to include business communication, time management, and computer classes.
• Performed various administrative functions: produced budget reports, weekly reports, suspense timelines, approved timesheets, maintained employee records, developed presentations, and general correspondence.
Brought on board in a leadership, coaching and instructional role, overseeing the success of two major, ongoing initiatives community-wide: 1) Acclimation of Soldiers and their Families upon arrival at the military post; and, 2) Recruitment, training and motivation of 1,000+ volunteers representing 46 agencies.
• Orchestrated daily briefings for groups of 1 to 50 newly arrived Soldiers, communicating financial and housing accommodations and ensuring their immediate comfort integrating into new surroundings.
• Spearheaded a 4- to 6-hour briefing once a month for Soldiers and their Families.
Recruited and advised 25 to 35 speakers, focusing on the attainment of friendly, knowledgeable and compelling presenters. Reserved meeting space and coordinated refreshments.
Organized the day’s events/rotation of speakers, and supervised the schedule to achieve planned time-frames for an audience from 15 to 200 people.
Authored and instituted program evaluation sheets, analyzing results to help improve program quality and effectiveness.
• Managed the recruitment, training, motivation and scheduling of 1,000+ volunteers of diverse nationalities tasked for administrative support roles.
• Met teaching and mentoring challenges focusing on the development of volunteers to achieve their individual goals. For example:
Coached a Korean volunteer with minimal English-speaking skills who “blossomed” over time, overcoming her shyness toward Americans, increasing her technological/administrative skills and polishing her interviewing strategies.
• Originated the lesson plan and taught English as a Second Language on a weekly basis.
• Recruited and supervised three teachers and four substitute teachers for Basic and Advanced Korean Language Classes.
No reviews yet.