Location:Toronto, ON, Canada (Anywhere)Education level: Masters
Education field: Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Years of experience: 2 - 5 years
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
I have 8 years of clinical experience in medical writing, clinical research, and pharmacovigilance, 2 years of wet lab experience, and 3 years of industry experience working in a CRO environment.
Working as an editor at BMJ Case Reports journal, I acquired extensive knowledge and experience in medical writing. As an editor, I coordinate the review process, guide authors through the revision, resubmission, and publication process, proofread the reviewers’ comments and communicate them to the authors in a blinded fashion, make sure that the authors address the reviewers’ concerns in a timely fashion, and verifying the scientific validity of any data, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
In addition, I acquired extensive knowledge and experience in medical writing at an academic level. I authored three theses at three different Universities across the globe that spanned different disciplines of translational research and drug development.
I believe that I have profound medical writing experience that will be of great benefit to Cornerstone Research Group. In addition, I have the experience of bridging the gap between academia and industry. My progressive medical writing skills include:
* Authorship experience. I have authored three MSc dissertations and authored or co-authored four peer-reviewed journal articles.
* Reviewer experience. Being a member of the BMJ editorial board and a Health Science Inquiry Journal reviewer allowed me to review hundreds of case reports, edit them and guide the authors on the best format of the manuscripts, which will make them publishable and finally decide on acceptance or rejection of the manuscripts.
* Industry experience. I am working as a pharmacovigilance specialist in a CRO environment and authored hundreds of case narratives, tens of SOPs, MMSPs, DSMB reports, expedited regulatory reports, PSURs, and quarterly safety summary reports.
* Bench research skills and having the ability to probe, analyse, simplify and reach a conclusion.
* Extensive knowledge in different disciplines of clinical research, translational research, and drug development.
* Part-time PhD study in Health Technology Assessment.
No reviews yet.