Location:Quebec City, QC, Canada (Anywhere)Education level: PHD
Education field: Other
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
My aim is to extract insights from data and be your gatekeeper for data integrity in order to solve problems and grow your business.
What I can do for you:
- Extracting and transforming data from files containing tens to gigabytes of raw data using Python scripts; data munching/wrangling
- Analyzing data using Python modules / R packages, quantifying observed trends & patterns, writing expert reports
- Understanding and extracting meaning from data, synthesizing massive datasets, translating analysis results into actionable insights
- Data source research and technological watch
- Data review and quality control: verifying accuracy and completeness of data, tracking issues, reporting and solving inconsistencies
- Multiple-sources cross-analysis
- Automating code to extract publicly-accessible data that is updated regularly, removing manual tasks, and documenting data processes
- Looking at existing data analysis code, efficiently figuring out how it works and adapting it to a new setting
- Streamlining and automating internal processes
- Subject matter expert and "go-to" person to train people in data creation, cleansing, maintenance, and analysis
- Programming in R: advanced level. Programming in Python and SAS: intermediate level.
Taking responsibility for the success of the company and ownership of my work.
I am a results-oriented worker with a team-first attitude, excellent listening skills, and a strong commitment to quality. Most importantly, I have a curiosity and enduring passion for data and fun at programming.
My background is in applied statistics. I worked as a visiting researcher in the United Kingdom in 2016-2017 on projects related to statistical genetics. I completed a PhD in Statistics at Laval University (Quebec City, Canada) in 2016. I taught probability and statistics to 112 undergraduate students and worked as a statistical consultant helping 47 graduate students regarding designs of experiments, data analysis, and interpretation.
My past experience in statistical analysis includes association testing, multivariate regression, lifetime data analysis, imputation and weighting of survey data. I developed the R package gyriq for genetic association testing, with provision for parallel computing (R package snowfall or Slurm workload manager on Linux).
No reviews yet.