Communication Journalism in Ottawa
Location:Ottawa, ON, Canada (Anywhere)Education level: College/University
Education field: Communication and journalism
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
• Multimedia reporting, photojournalism, broadcast journalism.
• News writing, feature writing, fashion writing, sports writing, event coverage and community journalism.
• Exceptional time management skills, research, fact checking and follow-up skills. Significant experience
writing, dealing with pressure, deadlines, willing to travel and work outside of regular office hours.
• Extremely proficient with CP style, DSLR cameras, professional digital camcorders.
• Extremely proficient with computers (Windows, Mac operating systems), including basic business
software applications (Internet, Adobe [Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Audition, Media Encoder and InDesign],
Wordpress, Microsoft [Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook]).
• Extremely proficient with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pintrest, etc.), analytics
tools and compiling reports on collected data.
• Retail management experience of over 10 years, duties including (but not limited to): pleasant and
professional phone manner, help solve problems that affect the service, efficiency, and productivity of the
front end. Work with Store Manager and Department Managers in day-to-day management of the front
end, and also responsible for ensuring the highest level of customer service throughout the store.
• Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends; regularly reviewing performance
indicators, such as sales and discount levels; managing plans for stock levels. Reacting to changes in
demand and logistics; getting feedback from customers.
• Meeting suppliers and negotiating terms of contract; maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and
sourcing new suppliers for future products; attending trade fairs, in Canada and overseas, to select and
assemble a new collection of products. Manage customer and client directories.
• Participating in promotional activities; writing reports and forecasting sales levels. Presenting new ranges
to senior retail managers; liaising with shop personnel to ensure supply meets demand.
• Manage all store return assessments by dealing with suppliers. In charge of the shipping, packaging, and
receiving of all RA merchandise. Duty to attempt to repair items before sending product back.
• Basic clerical duties including sending emails to customers, distributors and brands about stock, sales,
when styles become available, delayed or canceled. Placed layaway and special orders.
• English: Fluent, mother tongue. French: Advanced, studied 10 years. Spanish: Basic, studied three years.
As a multimedia student journalist and freelancer, I was able to adapt to the broad changes currently happening across the media landscape and exercise my networking abilities. I was able to interview a variety of notables such as, Toronto-based fashion designer Ellie Mae (Sophie Grégoire-Trudeau wore the designer for the Canada 2020 Reception), womenswear designers David Dixon and Caitlin Power, and the Mayor of Toronto John Tory.
My networking abilities on social media platforms, via my website, have allowed me to build great connections with people in the industry. I continue to gain media accreditation for both Toronto men’s fashion week (TOM* FW), Toronto women’s fashion week (TWFW), New York fashion week (NYFW) and Miami Swimwear fashion week (MASFW) as an independent fashion journalist. I enjoy challenges and strive towards achieving objectives, as I am a productive individual who looks at challenges as an opportunity to grow.
No reviews yet.