Journalist / Columnist /
Location:Toronto, ON, Canada (From home)Education level: N/A
Years of experience: more than 5
Attributes that best describes:
Strong analytical skills
I represent a unique blend of exposure to corporate culture at the highest echelons and the world of media and journalism – at the most professional levels.
I am a wordsmith too!
For last twenty years plus, I have been a media man with exposure to mainstream journalism. Global organizations such as BBC has used me thousands – I repeat thousands – of times.
Business journalism has been my niche, all these years. For last almost two decades, almost 80 perce nt of my stories revolved around business and finance.
I have been analyzing and dissecting global events for mainstream newspapers. I have also been speaking worldwide on the changing dynamics of the global energy world and the downstream petrochemical industries.
1) I am a regular columnist with Globe and Mail - Canada's only national daily. Have done 18 opinion pieces for them over the year. Have also done a couple of pieces for Toronto Star.
2) Have also done a couple of pieces for Toronto Star.
3) For almost a year kept writing a syndicated column for Troy Media.
4) For more than a decade and a half now, I am being regularly co-opted by BBC Urdu Service analyze political developments. On a number of occasions, I have been live on BBC World and BBC TV programs.
I have been on the World Today program of the BBC, a few times. I have also been used by various BBC channels – BBC World TV, BBC Live 5, BBC 4, BBC3, BBC Northampton, BBC Wales, etc.
5) I am writing a regular weekly column on energy affairs for the Saudi daily, Saudi Gazette and Pakistan’s premier daily DAWN. And I am told, by none other than the energy guru of the modern energy world, Fatih Birol that the column is on a number of tables at the IEA and even the EIA on Monday mornings.
6) Before that, for almost a decade kept writing ‘Oil Scene’ for the Saudi daily Arab News.
7) Have written a few stories for Sunday Times, London too.
8) One of my write-ups has been used as a chapter in the book 'The energy crisis' compiled by Lisa Krueger.
9) I am a regular speaker at the global energy events. I have the honor of delivering a talk at the EIA in Washington on the global energy conundrum.
10) I was also invited by the International Energy Agency to present my take on the emerging energy scenario.
11) I have been extensively quoted worldwide - with numerous media appearances.
12) I have also chaired a number of global industry conferences.
And in corporate corridors, for almost 25 years, I worked as the Vice President of a leading Saudi trading and consulting house. In this capacity, managing the organization and its strategic direction was my prime responsibility. This also included managing a sales team of roughly 25 people. Handling the relationship with our foreign partners, the global majors and building new relationship remained an essential part of my day to day work.
Rashid Husain Syed
647 693 0760
Apt # 1705
3380 Eglinton Ave East
Scarborough, ON – M1J 3L6
No reviews yet.